Free programs, with my compliments, for 2015 ...
I offer the widest selection of computer programs for the Full Hydraulic Calculation of Fire Sprinkler Protection Systems within buildings that you will find on the Internet and they are all completely free. Free to download, free to use, free to copy on as many computers as you have at home or in your company without registration, activation, licences, fees, unlock codes, subscriptions, donations, charges, credit / debit cards, Email addresses or conditions of any kind. As all my "digital downloads" are zero cost, then there are no cross-border VAT charges within Europe, but I just do English language / metric units only not 'imperial'. All my innovative, comrehensive and easy-to-use programs listed here are full and complete applications including in-built "Help" and test projects, are not trials / demonstrations, do not expire / degrade and no "premium" or other versions are available.
All have been produced by one person (me!) in the last few years and come with free technical support by Email (please put the program name in the 'Subject' line) and answered promptly by the person who conceived, developed and programmed them (me again!). They will give exactly the same, right answers compared to much older "take it or leave it" software you may find for hundreds / thousands of pounds / euros / dollars on other websites with their continuing "update" fees.
Remember, it is most unlikely you will ever be doing hydraulic calculations all day, every day in the office, so you just need a simple program to hand whenever required. I suggest you start by downloading the useful AACALC8 program [520 KBytes] by clicking here. Please scroll down this page reading / looking at the summaries of my 14 free programs - I have spent a couple of thousand hours developing them so surely you can take a few minutes to see if they interest you! All are very cost-effective because they don't cost anything and are suitable for beginners and experienced sprinkler designers, contractors, installers, consultants and A.H.Js. They do not need a CAD program like AUTOCAD, BRISCAD or DRAFTSIGHT to operate but you may find the free LIBRECAD one of use.
I also provide OPEN SOURCE software for "Free Pascal" and "Visual Basic" (both free), where you can add your own pipe / fitting types, different equations, personalised results printouts, translate to your own language or tailor to your own specific requirements - see my SHP4FPC / SHP4MVB page. I have used Object-Orientated Pascal for all the programs listed on this website - I can easily send you their SOURCE CODE upon request if you are familiar with the LAZARUS I.D.E. (free at lazarus.freepascal.org) or DELPHI (at embaracadero.com but it is expensive to buy after the 30 day free trial). All the new programs I plan for 2015 will also be made available in this way so perhaps you may find it appropriate to learn programming this year! For example, some suppliers charge you extra for the Darcy-Weisbach equation, which is all of 6 lines of code, while others do not even include velocity-pressure (just 3 lines of code).
All my software will operate on all 32/64 bit versions of "WINDOWS" (except RT) and are completely free to DOWNLOAD FROM THIS WEBSITE ONLY (no massive .NET framework, obsolete VB6 runtime modules, toolbars or other ancilliary software or any kind nor any unzipping / rebooting) - just one .EXE file per program that needs no setup or installation and can be on your computer with just a few mouse clicks (in the folder of your choice - I suggest C:\aa3progs - you can create a 'shortcut' or 'pin to taskbar' or copy it to a USB key-drive for portability) as my website now uses HTTPS 256-bit end-to-end encryption for your security. Also note that this site deliberately does NOT use 'Flash' or 'Java' as these have been implicated as potential security threats within browsers, so like you I suspect, I have not installed such software on my computers. I also suggest you use GHOSTERY or similar to block "redirects" and "analytics" but my programs are EXCLUSIVE to this website and are not on any other DOWNLOAD sites on the Internet.
If you wish to learn about the full hydraulic calculations of sprinkler protection systems, then my modern AACALC9 program is the best place to start with its simple "point and click" interface. You will obviously have to be familiar with the design of standard pipe schedule layouts and still need to read and follow the NFPA Sprinkler Rules of the different hazard pipework systems. These are the ONLY entirely free programs on the Internet as other suppliers may say their programs are free, you have to buy them after 15/30 days or they stop working. My programs have been used by established companies since 1985, in fact, few designers in the UK have used any other hydraulics programs than ones I have produced - SPRINKLE, SPRAY, SHP, SDS, GRIDEST, QCAP, FHC, CAD2FHC and many more. As you can never do such calculations manually then you might as well start with my programs as listed below :-
FREE program #1 of 14 : FREESHP
Calculation of hydraulically designed sprinkler (room design and area/density methods) and spray systems to the NFPA 13/15 and FM Global Rules in metric units. Node references are only required at tees / crosses (not at each end of all pipes) and you give the size, length, direction and slope of the pipes to the operating heads / nozzles so a 3D picture is produced as a DXF file. There is just one way and place to add, break, copy, delete, edit, move, locate or view pipes - no confusing options to learn or superfluous videos / manuals needed to find out what does what! You may have a background CAD drawing so can "draw" the pipes on the building / rooms / services plan rather than a blank screen. This program cannot be used in America as it is in metric units and NO A.H.J. will accept the results printout!
Click here for tutorial [24th January 2013 - about 9kb - just "Save" it to somewhere on your hard disk]. I have redone this as as .RTF file so users with HD screens can just reduce the width of FREESHP and have WORDPAD or similar running alongside, making it easier to step through the various options and see the program in operation.
FREE program #2 of 14 : EASYSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include just 4 screens - "File options", "Project and Pipe Data", "Calculate and Show Results" and "Help" - very quick and easy to apply for your projects using simple data entry procedures and immediate calculations. Does not need to produce a drawing as most Reviewers still insist on seeing your sprinkler layout drawings so have to manually match them with the hydraulic calculations.
FREE program #3 of 14 : IPDS43
A standalone program for the calculation of the Qcap and Qmax values for the Installers Pump Data Sheet as the EN12845 and similar Sprinkler Rules in the same format as EASYSHP, so can also be used with HYD and older programs that do not include such an option. You just enter the flows, pressures and highest heads for the most remote / favourable design areas as well as the pump / tank details. These are typed in on simple "tabbed" data entry screens and you can view the resulting diagram on the same screen. If you hold your mouse button over one of the 8 data points, you can then slide it up or down and have the pump curve drawn out to suit with the revised Qcap / Qmax values.
FREE program #4 of 14 : VSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to various International Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include an "all-in-one" user interface without needing to draw out the pipework scheme, a "grid wizard" option to automatically calculate the most remote / favourable design areas and show the Qcap/Qmax graph and easy to follow results presentation.
FREE program #5 of 14 : AACALC7
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 / CEA Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a very comprehensive options list, producing a zoomable 3D "picture" of the pipework / heads with an aerial view on a building "background", multiple water supplies, unique range numbers (so a complete range can be copied with a single number) or pipe-by-pipe, range-by-range (using "node" numbers that you may be used to), fast calculations and easy to follow results presentation. LibreCAD (http://librecad.org) is Free Open Source Software for the creation / amendment of the DXF drawing files produced by AACALC7.
FREE program #6 of 14 : AAVIEW7
A free viewing program for the various file types from my AACALC7 program including the CSV and XML options and 2D DXF CAD files as shown above.
FREE program #7 of 14 : 3RD
Full hydraulic calculation of residential / domestic sprinkler systems to BS9251 Rules (not NFPA 13D or 13R) in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple data entry method with different water supply options and rotatable 3D view with comprehensive results presentation all set up for the cheap "netbooks" with 1024x600 screens.
FREE program #8 of 14 : HYD
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler systems to BSEN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple nodes + pipes data entry method on one screen, editable pipe types/fittings database provided now free for all it's previous users. See also the IPDS43 program 3 of 14 above for Qcap / Qmax graph.
FREE program #9 of 14 : HPCO2
High pressure Carbon Dioxide pipework / nozzles calculations program to the NFPA 12, BS5306 and ISO6183 standards in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple "spreadsheet" like data entry method on one screen, rotatable 3D "picture" and user editable pipe types/fittings database provided free for all it's previous users. A new option 'EXACT' in Q9 will determine the required nozzle sizes in mm to maintain the specified discharge time in minutes, rather than selecting the nearest size from the database.
Click here for further screen shots / details about HPCO2 or click here to download HPCO2 [930 kB] directly. However, I do NOT have any software for low pressure CO2, FM200, Inergen, Novec1230, Argonite, LPG Inert IG-55, Nitrogen IG-100, Argon IG-01, Proinert or any other fixed-fire fighting gaseous systems, as only their suppliers have the equations, tables, procedures etc.
FREE program #10 of 14 : AABACKUP
A useful "one-click" utility to copy all your data files from my various free programs to another folder on your computer, another PC on your network or NAS, USB drive or external hard disk and perhaps for further archiving to the "cloud" or CD / DVD for off-site retention. Very simple and quick to use but I could do a YouTube video if needed!
FREE program #11 of 14 : SHP4FPC
I have provided full details of a new full hydraulics calculations program using the FREE PASCAL COMPILER at www.freepascal.org - see the SHP4FPC page. This is the ONLY place on the Internet offering the complete source code listing entirely for FREE to enable you to produce your OWN hydraulics program if you already know (or wish to learn) the Pascal computer language, or if you prefer Basic ...
FREE program #12 of 14 : SHP4MVB
I have retyped in the PASCAL version of SHP4FPC in BASIC for Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express and called it SHP4MVB - details are on the SHP4FPC page. This is a 900 line listing and the form layout files of a complete WINDOWS program, operating just like those you are already used to for you to modify / extend as required.
FREE program #13 of 14 : AACALC8
AACALC8 is a very simple, but useful FREE Windows application that runs on 10" Netbooks, all laptops and the monitor on your desk and is in 5 sections :-
Click here to download AACALC8 [520 kB] directly. Note new page added for CEA Rules on 5th June 2014.
FREE program #14 of 14 : AACALC9
AACALC9 is simple "point and click" drawing program for first-time users to the NFPA 13 / 15 Rules and is fully described on a new webpage dating from February 2014.
Nobody can compete with free ...
The UK's leading developer of hydraulics+CAD software for sprinkler designers and installers since 1985 offers all these programs entirely for FREE. All have been written / updated by me since 2009, cost absolutely nothing (now or in future), run without any setup or install routines in Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 or the older XP / VISTA versions, don't need any registration / activation and can be copied to as many computers / staff / branch offices etc. as you choose.
My innovative, comprehensive and easy-to-use programs are complete and ready-to-run on your "Windows" laptop / desktop computers - they are not "trials" or limited function "demos", and come with extensive "Help" screens and many examples for you to experiment with, if not familiar with these types of calculations. My Email address is at the top of the page for full technical support 365 days/year - NO charges, fees, donations etc. All are in ENGLISH ONLY but no French, German, Portuguese, Spanish or any other language versions will ever be produced.
You may never have to buy hydraulics software again ...
Why pay hundreds / thousands of dollars / euros for 10-15 year old hydraulic calculation programs from just a handfull of other suppliers (mostly in America who prefer to deal with companies in that country) that you may actually only need a few times a year for your jobs? They invariably lock you in to continually paying even more for "upgrades" (perhaps just changing an expiry date from 2014 to 2015) so if you don't pay, the program stops working along with your project data files. There are NO end dates in any of my FREE programs. Some of these update fees are 1% or even 2% A MONTH of the purchase prices, so if you retain the program for 5 years (to run previous projects), you will pay as much again for the program and if you keep it for 10 years, then you will have bought that program 3 TIMES! just on the offchance that you get further hydraulically calculated projects. Nothing from these programs is ever transmitted back to me nor anybody else which, I gather, is NOT the case with some other suppliers. You may also have noticed that some other websites do not bother to list any prices for their software - you have to Email them for this information (so they can quote a high price if they don't like you?) but remember the old axiom; "if you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it!". There are several specialist sub-contract designers that are well conversant with my programs that will design and calculate such jobs without you having to buy expensive software from other companies nor get too involved with my FREE ones, if you consider them too complicated.
Also remember, that once you have bought a program, it does not have any value! You cannot sell it, use it in another company / location (because of activation) or even give it away because it belongs to the software provider - you just pay for a licence. Several firms have withdrawn programs or abandoned their websites during 2012 to 2014 - see the dates in any "copyright" lines or screen-shots. How many show their program(s) running under Windows 8, let alone 8.1? None, that I can find!
Before you decide to BUY a hydraulics program, please spend a few hours evaluating my equivalents first - if you don't like one; just try another - at least I offer alternatives - others just do 1 on a "take-it-or-leave-it" basis. If you then find that NONE of my free programs are suitable for you or your projects, then you may not be able to use any of the "paid-for" ones either. So, at the very least, by trying my programs first, I could have saved you from a very expensive purchasing mistake! Don't forget, there are less alternative software providers on the Internet than there are programs on this website. It is all up to you, of course.
If I have not covered the specific details you were looking for or if you have any questions, suggestions or comments, then my Email address is at the very top of this page ...
- Please include the program name in the "Subject" line
- Remember I am based in the United Kingdom and only use "English"
- It always helps to know in which country you are based
- Kindly review the complete but concise "Help" in the actual program first
- Do NOT include any attachments or links unless I ask for more information
- I always try to provide a prompt reply 365 days a year, including weekends
- If you require the source code of SHP4FPC or SHP4MVB, just ask in an Email but you will need the matching Free Pascal Compiler / Visual Basic 2010 Express
- I will NEVER send you any unsolicited Emails nor pass on your details to anybody
- If you want any additional sprinkler rules in EASYSHP / AACALC7, then please Email me so I can tell you what extra data I need
- Are you a sprinkler designer / installer and have some bright ideas for CAD / hydraulics / calculations / costing etc? I will do the programming based on your technical specification and add it to this website, all for free of course
However, I am unable to help with ...
- The actual design of your sprinkler project
- Commenting on the specific pipe layout you have chosen
- Advising on the pipe sizes, control valve positions or pump duty etc.
- Suggesting alternatives to the answers the various programs provide eg. if they say you need 4000 L/min at 4 bars and you only have 3000 L/min at 3 bars!
- Providing a quotation or "best prices" for my programs - they are all FREE!
- Please stop asking for foreign language versions of my programs - I just do not have the resources to ever do this!
- Requests for imperial unit versions of my programs as they are "metric" only
- Providing free copies of the various sprinkler rules
- I am not on (and will never join) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Skype, Google+, LinkedIn, About.Me or any other website / network
- I never click on "links" to other services / websites or invitations to LinkedIn
To summarise all of the above ...
- 1) FREESHP - Hydraulic calculations to NFPA 13 / 15 sprinkler Rules
- 2) EASYSHP - Hydraulic calculations to EN12845 and similar Rules
- 3) IPDS43 - Qcap/Qmax graph for pump / tank sizing
- 4) VSHP - Very Simple Hydraulics Program to EN12845 and similar Rules
- 5) AACALC7 - very comprehensive hydraulics analysis of sprinkler/spray systems
- 6) AAVIEW7 - extension to AACALC7 to view drawings / tables etc
- 7) 3RD - Free Residential / Domestic program for BS9251
- 8) HYD - An older program, still being updated for my previous users
- 9) CO2 - High pressure carbon dioxide fire extinguishing systems
- 10) AABACKUP - To copy all data files etc to "cloud" or external devices
- 11) SHP4FPC - Pascal source code listing of my latest program
- 12) SHP4MVB - Basic source code listing of the above program
- 13) AACALC8 - 4 useful calculation utilities
- 14) AACALC9 - Simple "point and click" drawing prgram for NFPA Rules
- I do NOT have any more programs other than those listed on this site
My FREE programs are all ...
- FULL versions - not trials or demonstrations
- FREE to download from this site - just choose each program as required
- FREE to use on your projects - no charges of any kind to me nor anybody else
- FREE to copy between computers, people and offices in the UK and overseas
- HUNDREDS of users have done many, many hundreds of jobs since 2009
- FREE updates - the latest versions will be shown on this website
- FREE upgrades - as provided by me or suggested by users
- FREE technical support by Email from the program originator (me!)
- NO registration - you only enter your company name for the printouts
- NO Email addresses required nor any personal details
- NO requirement that you ever have to contact me for any reason
- I therefore do NOT have any information to "share" with anybody else
- NO activation required - so no monitoring of who has the programs
- NO unlock codes to request or will ever be required
- NO licence agreements - there is nothing to pay so nothing to agree to or sign
- NO "nag" screens offering paid-for upgrades or alternatives
- NO restrictions or limitations as to your use - you can give them away if you want
- NO time limits or expiry dates in your data or my software
- ALL versions of Windows in last 14 years except W8RT
- If you don't like one program, just choose another as a FREE download
- METRIC units and ENGLISH language only - no other alternatives are offered
- NO subscriptions or any other fees of any kind now or in the future
- NO donations or credit/debit card details ever requested
- NO invoices, direct debits, cheques or other payment details required
- EACH program contains a set of pipe types / fittings data that only I can change
- JUST Email me your changes/additions and I will update these databases
- PRINTOUTS can be on paper or to PDF files (with doPDF printer driver or similar)
- As REVIEWERS can download the same programs, you can just Email your data
- Just ONE .exe file for each program - no unzipping / setup / install routines
- ALL checked AS SAFE - NO viruses, malware or trojans of any kind
- ALL programs contain in-built HELP and many demonstration examples
- NO superfluous software included such as toolbars / trials of more programs etc.
- There are NO known photographs of me anywhere on the Internet
- I do not own or operate any other websites than the one you are looking at
This website has ...
- NO cookies of any kind stored on your computer
- NO tracking of users or search terms used
- NO "analytics" or any external "redirects"
- NO other links or "urls" to click on
- NO "restricted" areas or logins / passwords
- NO invitations, surveys, questionnaires or special offers
- NO security or privacy issues of any kind or restrictions on browsers
- NO other websites are authorised to host my programs so do NOT download them from anywhere else
- If you do not believe me, then just "right-click" on this text, select "View Source" (or similar - depends on browser) and look through it yourself
Views through different Windows ...
So that you can see that my programs work on the various types of "Windows" without the need for different versions nor separate install / setup routines, I set out below how the main page of FREESHP looks at 1280x1024 resolution under
Windows 2000 ...
Windows XP ...
Windows VISTA ...
Windows 7 ...
Windows 8 and 8.1 and 8.1 Update 1 ...
Windows 10 Technical Preview ...
Remember NO CHARGE for copying, updates, upgrades, registration, support etc for ANY of my programs described here. How much would other hydraulics programs have cost you so far? How much will you have to pay your software supplier in future? Finally, remember the axiom ...
NOBODY CAN COMPETE WITH FREE
I monitor all the English-language websites of other hydraulics software suppliers and very few appear to have been modified after 2010. If you look at the bottom of their "Home" pages you will see the last update - perhaps they have given up trying to offer programs now that I have taken away most of their users. If you currently use another provider, then try sending them an Email asking them about my website and see if they bother to respond.