6th September 2016 - Some out-of-date programs deleted
6th June 2016 - AACALC11 updated (#5 of 16 below)
6th May 2016 - Welcome to the most extensive suite of fire sprinkler hydraulics computer programs in metric units available on the Internet :-
- All FREE - no charges for anything at any time, now or in future
- Other sites may say their programs are free, but that is ONLY for download and 15 / 30 day trials - you have to PAY to actually use them!
- WINDOWS XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 or 10 with Arial and Lucida Console fonts
- Simple DOWNLOAD (0.5 to 2Mb EXE file) - no install/set-up, addons, viruses or malware so you can have multiple copies direct from this HTTPS website
- NO personal details, Email addresses, registration, activation, upselling, expiry dates, time outs, degrading over time or unlock codes
- Comprehensive but easy to use with MODERN intuitive, graphical interfaces, inbuilt help and demonstration examples proved on real projects
- Technical support by EMAIL from the person who wrote them
- Ongoing production of CAD-based hydraulics / estimating FREEWARE
- TRY ONE and see how you get on - I suggest AACALC8 below
- SCROLL down for summaries, download links, more detailed information and instructions for my 16 FREE FIRE SPRINKLER DESIGN programs ...
FREE program #1 of 16 : FREEHC
FREEHC is a new, comprehensive and completely free "Windows" program for the full hydraulic calculations of all types of fire sprinkler protection systems to most countries rules and languages as follows :-
- Light, Ordinary or High hazards for any building occupancies
- Wet, dry, pre-action, end- or centre-fed, looped, gridded or birdcage pipework layouts or any combination
- Roof, roof+rack, above / below ceiling, ESFR, spray, drencher, deluge, water curtain systems, fire hydrant ring-mains or, in fact, any water based fire protection system
- Any area / density of coverage requirements easily complied with
- Multiple sprinkler rules applicable to any country - EN12845, NFPA and FMGLOBAL initially provided, others easily added except BS9251/BS8458/BS8459/EN16925
- Multiple languages (but not UniCode-based ones at present) - English initially, others requiring just translating a simple text file with instructions provided
- Metric units only of course - I presume any countries still using "imperial" already have such software for their specific use
- User editable database of pipe types, sizes and fittings to suit any project
- Simple "point and click" pictorial, fully interactive, 3D user interface showing plans, elevations or isometric views of your pipework layout
- Just "double-click" on plans / isometrics to 'zoom in' to that area and again to 'zoom out' to full size
- All options and messages are contained in a narrow panel on the left hand side of the screen leaving the rest for the drawing
- No "noding up" ever required and all "loops" automatically found in network
- Creates .DXF CAD drawing files and .CSV ones for reading into spreadsheets
- At any time, you can press the F1 function key for detailed 'Help'
- Click here for further screen shots / details
- Click here to download FREEHC [01.01.16 754 kB] now
FREE program #2 of 16 : AACALC8
An essential Windows "APP" for all sprinkler designers, installers and consultants in 5 sections :-
- Optimum sprinkler spacing in a room of given size and maximum head area
- Sprinkler head "K" factor, flow rate, pressure, area, density and specific gravity calculation with these added to end-fed range analysis with different pipe type, maximum allowable velocity and slope
- Pressure drop in a pipe in two ways (as shown above) by adjusting sliders or typing in specific figures with the data / answers in different units as required
- A unique flow / pressure graph for a wide range of pipe types, sizes, Hazen-Williams "C" factor and velocity for set ranges of flow rate
- A useful determination of the length of a reduced pipe size for a given flow rate and pressure drop as permitted by the CEA4001 Rules
FREE program #3 of 16 : FREEWATERMIST
FREEWATERMIST will carry out the hydraulic calculations of NFPA 750 Standard on Water Mist Fire Protection Systems (2015 Edition) as follows :-
- Deluge, Wet Pipe, Local, Engineered or Zoned Application arrangements
- Low, Intermediate or High Pressure, single fluid, single liquid phase types
- Light, Ordinary Group 1 or Ordinary Group 2 Hazard occupancy protection
- Open or Thermally Activated nozzles
- Copper or Stainless Steel pipe types with streamlined, soldered or threaded fittings
- Without or with velocity pressure included at intermediate nozzles along branch lines
- Without or with additives if density and absolute viscosity specified for the fluid
- Darcy-Weisbach or Hazen-Williams (low pressure only) pressure loss formulas
- Metric S.I units only (not U.S. Customary Units)
- All pipe / nozzle flows and pressures balanced to less than 0.001 bars
- Will determine minimum flow / pressure required at pumps / cylinders or these can be specified and the calculations all adjusted to suit and warnings given if nozzles become under their minimum pressures
- No "noding up" needed and produces 2D and 3D DXF files for your CAD program
- Database of suitable pipe types, sizes and fittings supplied which can be amended or added to for specific system types or projects
- Click here for further screen shots / details
- Click here for download instructions and a tutorial
- Click here to download FREEWATERMIST [14.12.15 792 kB] now
FREE program #4 of 16 : AACALC12
AACALC12 is for the Pipe Schedule sizing method in NFPA 13 directly from your CAD drawing to produce a materials take-off quantities list / estimate in metric units only.
FREE program #5 of 16 : AACALC11
AACALC11 is a very simple spreadsheet based program to enable end-fed, looped and gridded fire protection pipework systems to be quickly entered, analysed and evaluated so that you may learn about full hydraulic calculations of sprinkler systems for yourself. It also shows a drawing (along with the input data and the results) by allowing the node numbers to represent the X and Y position percentages on the screen.
Click here for further screen shots / details about AACALC11 or click here to download AACALC11 [06.06.16 555 kB] directly for Hazen Williams "C" factors from 20 to 200 specifically for really old underground pipes to FM Rules.
FREE program #6 of 16 : AACALC10
AACALC10 is a spreadsheet based program to enable end-fed, looped and gridded fire protection pipework systems to be quickly entered, analysed and evaluated so that you may learn about full hydraulic calculations of sprinkler systems for yourself.
FREE program #7 of 16 : AACALC9
AACALC9 is simple "point and click" drawing program for first-time users to the NFPA 13 / 15 Rules and dating from February 2014.
FREE program #8 of 16 : FREESHP
Calculation of hydraulically designed sprinkler (room design and area/density methods) and spray systems to the NFPA 13/15 and FM Global Rules in metric units. Node references are only required at tees / crosses (not at each end of all pipes) and you give the size, length, direction and slope of the pipes to the operating heads / nozzles so a 3D picture is produced as a DXF file. There is just one way and place to add, break, copy, delete, edit, move, locate or view pipes - no confusing options to learn or superfluous videos / manuals needed to find out what does what! You may have a background CAD drawing so can "draw" the pipes on the building / rooms / services plan rather than a blank screen.
Click here for tutorial [24th January 2013 - about 9kb - just "Save" it to somewhere on your hard disk]. I have redone this as as .RTF file so users with HD screens can just reduce the width of FREESHP and have WORDPAD or similar running alongside, making it easier to step through the various options and see the program in operation.
Click here for further screen shots / details about FREESHP including new pipe types added 08.10.15 or click here to download FREESHP [09.12.15 954 kB] directly.
FREE program #9 of 16 : EASYSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include just 4 screens - "File options", "Project and Pipe Data", "Calculate and Show Results" and "Help" - very quick and easy to apply for your projects using simple data entry procedures and immediate calculations. Does not need to produce a drawing as most Reviewers / Inspectors still insist on seeing your sprinkler layout drawings so have to manually match them with the hydraulic calculations.
FREE program #10 of 16 : IPDS43
A standalone program for the calculation of the Qcap and Qmax values for the Installers Pump Data Sheet as the EN12845 and similar Sprinkler Rules in the same format as EASYSHP, so can also be used with HYD and older programs that do not include such an option. You just enter the flows, pressures and highest heads for the most remote / favourable design areas as well as the pump / tank details. These are typed in on simple "tabbed" data entry screens and you can view the resulting diagram on the same screen. If you hold your mouse button over one of the 8 data points, you can then slide it up or down and have the pump curve drawn out to suit with the revised Qcap / Qmax values.
FREE program #11 of 16 : VSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to various International Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include an "all-in-one" user interface without needing to draw out the pipework scheme, a "grid wizard" option to automatically calculate the most remote / favourable design areas and show the Qcap/Qmax graph and easy to follow results presentation.
FREE program #12 of 16 : AACALC7
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 / CEA Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a very comprehensive options list, producing a zoomable 3D "picture" of the pipework / heads with an aerial view on a building "background", multiple water supplies, unique range numbers (so a complete range can be copied with a single number) or pipe-by-pipe, range-by-range (using "node" numbers that you may be used to), fast calculations and easy to follow results presentation. LibreCAD (http://librecad.org) is Free Open Source Software for the creation / amendment of the DXF drawing files produced by AACALC7.
FREE program #13 of 16 : AAVIEW7
A free viewing program for the various file types from my AACALC7 program including the CSV and XML options and 2D DXF CAD files as shown above.
NEW3RD is a very simple "page" based program just for BS9251:2014 Residential and Domestic fire sprinkler occupancies of 1 to 4 heads in 1 or 2 design areas based on the category and mains supply or stored water systems in metric units only.
FREE program #15 of 16 : HYD
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler systems to BSEN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple nodes + pipes data entry method on one screen, editable pipe types/fittings database provided now free for all it's previous users. See also the IPDS43 program #10 of 16 above for Qcap / Qmax graph.
FREE program #16 of 16 : HPCO2
High pressure Carbon Dioxide pipework / nozzles calculations program to the NFPA 12, BS5306 and ISO6183 standards in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple "spreadsheet" like data entry method on one screen, rotatable 3D "picture" and user editable pipe types/fittings database provided free for all it's previous users. A new option 'EXACT' in Q9 will determine the required nozzle sizes in mm to maintain the specified discharge time in minutes, rather than selecting the nearest size from the database.
Click here for further screen shots / details about HPCO2 or click here to download HPCO2 [930 kB] directly. However, I do NOT have any software for low pressure CO2, FM200, Inergen, Novec1230, Argonite, LPG Inert IG-55, Nitrogen IG-100, Argon IG-01, Proinert or any other fixed-fire fighting gaseous systems, as only their suppliers have the equations, tables, procedures etc.
Don't see what you want?
Then just Email me your requirements / specification / suggestions and I will consider producing a new, free program (in C++ or Pascal for Windows or Linux as you can also receive the source code if you are thinking of producing your own in-house software) for any sprinkler related calculations task.
Summary of all above
Yes, all of my cost-effective "Windows" programs will not cost you anything :-
- FREE to download and install on as many computers as you have in any location
- FREE upgrades, updates and technical support from the same person who wrote them
- NO price lists / quotations / orders, credit / debit cards, subscriptions, donations or charges of any kind, now or at any future time
- NO expiry dates, degrading with time or trial, demo, premium or paid-for forms available
- NO activation, licences, registration, unlock codes, unwanted add-ons, personal information or Email addresses required
- I will NEVER send an Email to you except to reply to your enquiry, nor get anybody else to contact you
- NO other similar software is FREE - everybody else charges a lump sum then annual update fees regardless of how often you use them for your projects
- Does NOT time out at the end of the year like all paid-for software for this task
- ALL have modern graphical interfaces, intuitive to use for the latest rules and requirements so will give exactly the same / correct answers as other suppliers software costing thousands of Euros/Pounds/Dollars you may already have or seen your competitors using
- FULL and complete versions continuously updated as necessary or requested by users since 2009 and are not available from any other website
- JUST download the single .EXE file (0.5 to 2Mb only) for any program from this HTTPS website - no installation required so no advertisements, malware, viruses, links to other sites / suppliers, upselling, unwanted add-ons etc.
- Please check you are looking at the HTTPS encrypted version of my website and all the software is in the English language and metric units only. Kindly note that I am based near Peterborough in the UK so potential users in America would be ill-advised to contact me by Email lest they then get tracked by their government for communicating with somebody outside the U.S.A.
- With all the current privacy and security threats / concerns surrounding tracking of Internet users, you should only visit websites starting with HTTPS and avoid unencrypted HTTP ones whenever possible
- For the EN12845 RULES used throughout Europe, I offer AACALC7, EASYSHP, VSHP, HYD, IPDS43 and AAVIEW7 with NEW3RD just for BS9251:2014
- For the NFPA 13/15 + FM GLOBAL RULES used worldwide, I offer FREESHP and AACALC9 for all types of hydraulically calculated sprinkler systems but (for the 99th time!), there will NEVER be any 'imperial' versions. AACALC12 is a CAD program for Pipe Schedule systems with FREEWATERMIST for all types of water mist systems to NFPA 750.
- For ALL SPRINKLER RULES, I offer AACALC8, AACALC10, AACALC11 and my latest FREEHC program for multiple sprinkler rules and languages.
- For OVERSEAS regulatory / certification / fire protection organisations, I offer to develop full hydraulics computer programs in their own language(s) - click here for more details. If you are a sprinkler designer, installer, contractor or consultant, please could you contact the appropriate body in your country with this link if you think it would be of interest.
Thank you for taking the time to read the HOME page of my website - didn't take long, did it?
Why not try out one of my programs; I suggest you start with AACALC8 and see how you get on. If you don't like it, just delete it as it did not cost you anything and choose another of my programs or another supplier, if you can find one!