- For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 or 10 (32 or 64 bit versions) and minimum of 1366 x 768 screen (but HD 1920 x 1080 preferred) in metric units only so applicable worldwide except in USA / Myanmar
- For the EN12845 RULES used throughout Europe, I offer my AACALC7, EASYSHP, VSHP, HYD, IPDS43 and AAVIEW7 programs
- For the NFPA 13/15 + FM GLOBAL RULES used worldwide, there are FREESHP and AACALC9 with a CAD program for Pipe Schedule systems called AACALC12 plus FREEWATERMIST for all types of water mist systems to NFPA 750
- For BOTH the above, I offer AACALC8, AACALC10, AACALC11 and my latest FREEHC software packages
- For the BS9251:2014 RULES, you can use NEW3RD
- For High Pressure Carbon Dioxide systems, please try HPCO2
- You can have the complete Pascal source code of FREESPRAY for spray, deluge, drencher, hydrant etc. systems using the Hazen-Williams formula
- All are entirely FREE OF ALL CHARGES - NO registration, activation, licences, upselling, tracking, expiry dates, time outs, degrading over time, unlock codes, credit / debit / payment information, advertising or 'in-app' purchases and NO usage tracking, spyware, toolbars, search engine links or unwanted extra programs. Also NO charges for annual updates, extra copies, training or support by Email (see top of page) and NO personal details ever required - you remain completely anonymous
- All my programs are only available to FREELY DOWNLOAD directly from this HTTPS encrypted website and nowhere else on the entire Internet. You just click on the links below to get a single .EXE file (from 0.5 to 2 MB in size) not requiring any setup, installation, unzipping, transfer of any support files etc. that you just SAVE to any directory / folder on your computer and which can be run immediately from there.
Please SCROLL DOWN for summaries, download links, more detailed information and instructions for each of my 17 programs - the only ENTIRELY FREE ones of their kind ...
FREE program #1 of 17 : FREEHC
FREEHC is a new, comprehensive and completely free "Windows" program for the full hydraulic calculations of all types of fire sprinkler protection systems to most countries rules and languages as follows :-
- Light, Ordinary or High hazards for any building occupancies
- Wet, dry, pre-action, end- or centre-fed, looped, gridded or birdcage pipework layouts or any combination
- Roof, roof+rack, above / below ceiling, ESFR, spray, drencher, deluge, water curtain systems, fire hydrant ring-mains or, in fact, any water based fire protection system
- Any area / density of coverage requirements easily complied with
- Multiple sprinkler rules applicable to any country - EN12845, NFPA and FMGLOBAL initially provided, others easily added except BS9251/BS8458/BS8459/EN16925
- Multiple languages (but not UniCode-based ones at present) - English initially, others requiring just translating a simple text file with instructions provided
- Metric units only of course - I presume any countries still using "imperial" already have such software for their specific use
- User editable database of pipe types, sizes and fittings to suit any project
- Simple "point and click" pictorial, fully interactive, 3D user interface showing plans, elevations or isometric views of your pipework layout
- Just "double-click" on plans / isometrics to 'zoom in' to that area and again to 'zoom out' to full size
- All options and messages are contained in a narrow panel on the left hand side of the screen leaving the rest for the drawing
- No "noding up" ever required and all "loops" automatically found in network
- Creates .DXF CAD drawing files and .CSV ones for reading into spreadsheets
- At any time, you can press the F1 function key for detailed 'Help'
- Click here for further screen shots / details
- Click here to download FREEHC [01.01.16 754 kB] now
FREE program #2 of 17 : AACALC8
An essential Windows "APP" for all sprinkler designers, installers and consultants in 5 sections :-
- Optimum sprinkler spacing in a room of given size and maximum head area
- Sprinkler head "K" factor, flow rate, pressure, area, density and specific gravity calculation with these added to end-fed range analysis with different pipe type, maximum allowable velocity and slope
- Pressure drop in a pipe in two ways (as shown above) by adjusting sliders or typing in specific figures with the data / answers in different units as required
- A unique flow / pressure graph for a wide range of pipe types, sizes, Hazen-Williams "C" factor and velocity for set ranges of flow rate
- A useful determination of the length of a reduced pipe size for a given flow rate and pressure drop as permitted by the CEA4001 Rules
FREE program #3 of 17 : FREEWATERMIST
FREEWATERMIST will carry out the hydraulic calculations of NFPA 750 Standard on Water Mist Fire Protection Systems (2015 Edition) as follows :-
- Deluge, Wet Pipe, Local, Engineered or Zoned Application arrangements
- Low, Intermediate or High Pressure, single fluid, single liquid phase types
- Light, Ordinary Group 1 or Ordinary Group 2 Hazard occupancy protection
- Open or Thermally Activated nozzles
- Copper or Stainless Steel pipe types with streamlined, soldered or threaded fittings
- Without or with velocity pressure included at intermediate nozzles along branch lines
- Without or with additives if density and absolute viscosity specified for the fluid
- Darcy-Weisbach or Hazen-Williams (low pressure only) pressure loss formulas
- Metric S.I units only (not U.S. Customary Units)
- All pipe / nozzle flows and pressures balanced to less than 0.001 bars
- Will determine minimum flow / pressure required at pumps / cylinders or these can be specified and the calculations all adjusted to suit and warnings given if nozzles become under their minimum pressures
- No "noding up" needed and produces 2D and 3D DXF files for your CAD program
- Database of suitable pipe types, sizes and fittings supplied which can be amended or added to for specific system types or projects
- Click here for further screen shots / details
- Click here for download instructions and a tutorial
- Click here to download FREEWATERMIST [14.12.15 792 kB] now
FREE program #4 of 17 : AACALC12
AACALC12 is for the Pipe Schedule sizing method in NFPA 13 directly from your CAD drawing to produce a materials take-off quantities list / estimate in metric units only.
FREE program #5 of 17 : AACALC11
AACALC11 is a very simple spreadsheet based program to enable end-fed, looped and gridded fire protection pipework systems to be quickly entered, analysed and evaluated so that you may learn about full hydraulic calculations of sprinkler systems for yourself. It also shows a drawing (along with the input data and the results) by allowing the node numbers to represent the X and Y position percentages on the screen.
Click here for further screen shots / details about AACALC11 or click here to download AACALC11 [06.06.16 555 kB] directly for Hazen Williams "C" factors from 20 to 200 specifically for really old underground pipes to FM Rules.
FREE program #6 of 17 : AACALC10
AACALC10 is a spreadsheet based program to enable end-fed, looped and gridded fire protection pipework systems to be quickly entered, analysed and evaluated so that you may learn about full hydraulic calculations of sprinkler systems for yourself.
FREE program #7 of 17 : AACALC9
AACALC9 is simple "point and click" drawing program for first-time users to the NFPA 13 / 15 Rules and dating from February 2014.
FREE program #8 of 17 : FREESHP
Calculation of hydraulically designed sprinkler (room design and area/density methods) and spray systems to the NFPA 13/15 and FM Global Rules in metric units. Node references are only required at tees / crosses (not at each end of all pipes) and you give the size, length, direction and slope of the pipes to the operating heads / nozzles so a 3D picture is produced as a DXF file. There is just one way and place to add, break, copy, delete, edit, move, locate or view pipes - no confusing options to learn or superfluous videos / manuals needed to find out what does what! You may have a background CAD drawing so can "draw" the pipes on the building / rooms / services plan rather than a blank screen.
Click here for tutorial [24th January 2013 - about 9kb - just "Save" it to somewhere on your hard disk]. I have redone this as as .RTF file so users with HD screens can just reduce the width of FREESHP and have WORDPAD or similar running alongside, making it easier to step through the various options and see the program in operation.
Click here for further screen shots / details about FREESHP including new pipe types added 08.10.15 or click here to download FREESHP [09.12.15 954 kB] directly.
FREE program #9 of 17 : EASYSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include just 4 screens - "File options", "Project and Pipe Data", "Calculate and Show Results" and "Help" - very quick and easy to apply for your projects using simple data entry procedures and immediate calculations. Does not need to produce a drawing as most Reviewers / Inspectors still insist on seeing your sprinkler layout drawings so have to manually match them with the hydraulic calculations.
FREE program #10 of 17 : IPDS43
A standalone program for the calculation of the Qcap and Qmax values for the Installers Pump Data Sheet as the EN12845 and similar Sprinkler Rules in the same format as EASYSHP, so can also be used with HYD and older programs that do not include such an option. You just enter the flows, pressures and highest heads for the most remote / favourable design areas as well as the pump / tank details. These are typed in on simple "tabbed" data entry screens and you can view the resulting diagram on the same screen. If you hold your mouse button over one of the 8 data points, you can then slide it up or down and have the pump curve drawn out to suit with the revised Qcap / Qmax values.
FREE program #11 of 17 : VSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to various International Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include an "all-in-one" user interface without needing to draw out the pipework scheme, a "grid wizard" option to automatically calculate the most remote / favourable design areas and show the Qcap/Qmax graph and easy to follow results presentation.
FREE program #12 of 17 : AACALC7
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 / CEA Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a very comprehensive options list, producing a zoomable 3D "picture" of the pipework / heads with an aerial view on a building "background", multiple water supplies, unique range numbers (so a complete range can be copied with a single number) or pipe-by-pipe, range-by-range (using "node" numbers that you may be used to), fast calculations and easy to follow results presentation. LibreCAD (http://librecad.org) is Free Open Source Software for the creation / amendment of the DXF drawing files produced by AACALC7.
FREE program #13 of 17 : AAVIEW7
A free viewing program for the various file types from my AACALC7 program including the CSV and XML options and 2D DXF CAD files as shown above.
NEW3RD is a very simple "page" based program just for BS9251:2014 Residential and Domestic fire sprinkler occupancies of 1 to 4 heads in 1 or 2 design areas based on the category and mains supply or stored water systems in metric units only.
FREE program #15 of 17 : HYD
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler systems to BSEN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple nodes + pipes data entry method on one screen, editable pipe types/fittings database provided now free for all it's previous users. See also the IPDS43 program #10 of 17 above for Qcap / Qmax graph.
FREE program #16 of 17 : HPCO2
High pressure Carbon Dioxide pipework / nozzles calculations program to the NFPA 12, BS5306 and ISO6183 standards in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple "spreadsheet" like data entry method on one screen, rotatable 3D "picture" and user editable pipe types/fittings database provided free for all it's previous users. A new option 'EXACT' in Q9 will determine the required nozzle sizes in mm to maintain the specified discharge time in minutes, rather than selecting the nearest size from the database.
Click here for further screen shots / details about HPCO2 or click here to download HPCO2 [930 kB] directly. However, I do NOT have any software for low pressure CO2, FM200, Inergen, Novec1230, Argonite, LPG Inert IG-55, Nitrogen IG-100, Argon IG-01, Proinert or any other fixed-fire fighting gaseous systems, as only their suppliers have the equations, tables, procedures etc.
FREE PROGRAM #17 of 17 : FREESPRAY
You can click here for the full source code and a test file for FREESPRAY to do the full hydraulic calculation of spray, deluge, drencher, hydrant etc. systems using the Hazen-Williams formula for the WINDOWS, LINUX, MacOS X and ANDROID operating systems. If you get a BROWSER WINDOW on screen after the download, then simply Copy/Paste the whole text into NotePad or another Text Editor and save them as freespray.pp and test1.txt in a new separate folder/directory. All the instructions for downloading the FREE PASCAL COMPILER are given as comments in the source code listing and no further programming knowledge is needed unless you wish to translate it into your own language or add pipe types/sizes/fittings. Users have already translated the 18 project questions and 11 warning messages into German, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Danish, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
Users in China and India may be especially interested in Free Open Source Software (FOSS) such as FREESPRAY as those countries are trying to opt out of Western operating systems (Apple, Google and Microsoft), in favour of their own versions of Linux where you need the source code to compile your own individual version.
SUMMARY OF ALL ABOVE :-
Yes, all of my cost-effective "Windows" programs will not cost you anything :-
- All are fully up-to-date and comply with the latest, most common sprinkler rules - NFPA, FM Global and derivatives of EN12845
- Metric (S.I.) units applicable worldwide but not in USA / Myanmar
- Printout formats and screen displays acceptable to the respective Fire Authorities, Reviewing Bodies, Insurance Company inspectors in your country, subject, of course, to individual job checking
- None, however, have ever been "approved" by any of these organisations as they would never do so for any program that they did not directly control and only commercial firms and dedicated individuals will ever produce such specialised software
- Some suppliers say that their programs follow the NFPA 13 / 15 / 750 Rules but the printout format is nothing like that given in the NFPA documents so unlikely to be acceptable
- All calculations are performed in accordance with established sprinkler rules and so give EXACTLY the same answers as the few ~20 year old programs many of you might still use or have purchased
- There are NO other free fire sprinkler hydraulic calculation programs elsewhere on the Internet, so no point in searching for alternatives as you have found them all here
- Other sites may say their programs are free, but that is ONLY for download and 15 / 30 day trials - you have to PAY to actually use them on your projects
- WINDOWS XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 or 10 with Arial and Lucida Console fonts (only FREESPRAY is available for Linux, Apple MacOS X or Google Android but not Chromebooks)
- Simple DOWNLOAD (0.5 to 2Mb EXE file) - no install/set-up, addons, viruses or malware so you can have multiple copies direct from this HTTPS website
- If you have never downloaded programs before from the Internet, then please Email me for detailed instructions specifying the browser / Windows version you have
- Guaranteed NO usage tracking, spyware, toolbars, search engine links, unwanted extra or potentially unwanted programs
- No charges for annual updates, extra copies, training or support by Email
- No personal details ever needed or Email addresses, registration, activation, upselling, tracking, expiry dates, time outs, degrading over time, unlock codes, credit / debit / payment information, advertising or 'in-app' purchases
- You will see that I have always give the extent and scope of the input data needed for the various programs - strangely missing from most other suppliers websites and so you only find out what information is actually needed to perform the full hydraulic calculations for the one or more design areas of your projects until you download them and read the help screens
- All my hydraulics programs are really comprehensive in their features and options but are easy to use with modern intuitive, graphical interfaces, inbuilt help and demonstration examples proved on real projects
- I think that you will find that nobody has produced any NEW software in this field (apart from my programs listed) as they obviously cannot compete with all my FREE ones so if you are waiting for your current supplier to come up with a replacement, you are going to be disappointed
- I, on the other hand, are quite able and willing to DEVELOP any similar sprinkler hydraulic calculations program that you, as an individual or company, may require for your own use (not to sell of course!) - just Email me a full specification (click here for more details)
- I also do not offer any 'paid for' videoes or all day training courses anywhere that overwhelm you with the sheer volume of content - much better to have one of my FREE programs on your PC that you can learn step-by-step at your own pace and I am here by Email should you get "stuck" at any point or if anything is not clear, all at zero cost
- You get FREE technical support by EMAIL from the same person who wrote these programs but I will never send you an Email, except to reply to your one(s) as I do not have any 'partners' or incentive to sell you anything
- I am not on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Skype or contactable by telephone
- I do not have any other premium or 'paid for' programs and will never produce software for Building Information Management (BIM / REVIT) systems nor for estimating the operating time of DRY sprinkler systems
- On the other hand, if you think that "anything free is not worth what you paid for it" then just ignore my programs and buy one from another supplier and see how little different it is!
Thank you for taking the time to read the HOME page of my website - didn't take long, did it?
Why not try out one of my programs; I suggest you start with AACALC8 or AACALC9 and see how you get on. If you don't like it, just delete it as it did not cost you anything and choose another of my programs or another supplier, if you can find one!