Updates to programs and website during 2014 ... 13th February - A completely new program AACALC9 added (#15 of 15) so please click here to visit that page for more details / screen-shots 13th January - 20mm BM added to AACALC7
Free programs, with my compliments, for 2014 ...
If you want software for EN12845 and similar Rules, then my AACALC7, EASYSHP, VSHP, HYD, 3RD, IPDS43 and AAVIEW7 programs may be of interest or my FREESHP and AACALC9 ones fully complies with the NFPA 13 / 15 and FM Global Rules in metric units only, all for "Windows" 7, 8 and 8.1 (older versions still supported) and entirely free.
If you are looking for Full Hydraulic Calculations programs that show your pipework system as a 3D drawing, then my FREESHP, AACALC7 and 3RD will be suitable but if you prefer to use the more common editor / spreadsheet formats, then EASYSHP, VSHP and HYD will be applicable. If you know the Pascal / Basic computer languages (or wish to learn them), then I offer 700 / 900 line listings of SHP4FPC / SHP4MVB that you can try yourself. I added AACALC8 (#14 of 15) in November 2012 and AACALC9 (#15 of 15) in February 2014 as free "Windows" APPs.
I offer a wide range of Full Hydraulic Calculations Software for the Fire Protection Industry (as detailed here) and can develop, at zero charge to you, any other similar programs you may require for specific projects or applications - just Email me your ideas or suggestions and I promise a prompt response. If you don't believe me, just compare the dozen programs I have done against the one or two (at most and usually quite old) "paid for" programs on the (seldom updated) websites of my few competitors. Also note that this site deliberately does NOT use 'Flash' or 'Java' as these have been implicated as potential security threats within browsers, so like you I suspect, I have not installed such software on my computers.
If you can DESIGN a water-based fire sprinkler protection system, then my hydraulics programs will CALCULATE it. For example; end/centre fed, looped, gridded, birdcage, roof or roof/in-rack, ESFR, multi-level, multi-hazard, wet/dry sprinkler, spray, deluge, drencher, hydrant, monitor, foam and so on of any size/area of operation. The only systems I can't assist with are PRE-CALCULATED ones, where you just look up tables / count numbers of heads to determine the pipe sizes.
THESE ARE THE ONLY COMPLETE, FREE TO USE IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AND REGULARLY UPGRADED FIRE SPRINKLER HYDRAULIC ANALYSIS PROGRAMS YOU WILL FIND ON THE INTERNET FOR ALL RECENT VERSIONS OF THE 'WINDOWS' OPERATING SYSTEM (32 and/or 64 bit but not W8RT).
FREE program #1 of 15 : AAINFO [Latest=13.02.14]
Please download AAINFO for free first ...
as it then permits you to then get all my other programs, easily and safely. I would suggest that you initially create a new folder / directory / library on your computer, perhaps called C:\aa3progs and then click here, on the screen-shot or the button above to anonymously download aainfo.exe, [about 445 kBytes] through your browser, and SAVE it into that directory, rather than any default download location. The latest version is dated 13th February 2014 allows you to download AACALC9 so you may need to get another copy on your computer to update any previous version. You can also create a "restore point" on your computer first if you wish. If the download does not appear to come through, then make sure you are not using 'Remote Desktop' or perhaps your Anti-Virus software is blocking it - you may have to change some settings to allow downloads of EXE files to take place to the hard disk of your computer. You could also try a different browser or PC or from home as some companies now stop their staff downloading "unauthorised" software. AAINFO, nor any of my other programs are NOT available via any Torrent or other Download site.
If you have Windows 8 or 8.1 and "safe-search" on ...
then, after you have selected AAINFO.EXE (through the IE 9.0 or 10.0 browser), you should choose 'Save', then 'Run', then 'More Info' and finally 'Run Anyway' at the security screens that pop up. I gather some of the more obscure Anti-Virus programs do give a false positive about AAINFO but you can always check with VIRUSTOTAL.COM (or similar) for confirmation as they automatically run any submitted program through over 40 different products. This is because the various code-signing certificate providers (like VeriSign, Global Sign and Thawte) no longer deal with private individuals (like me) so I cannot DIGITALLY SIGN my software, and therefore Windows prompts you accordingly. Perhaps as I also use "Delphi Pascal" as the programming language, rather than any Microsoft supplied one, that these extra steps are required by Microsoft themselves. All are in ENGLISH ONLY and no French, German, Portuguese, Spanish or any other language versions will ever be produced.
Once AAINFO.EXE is on your computer ...
please "double-click" on it's icon to run it and see the screen display exactly as shown above. Just choose the program that you wish to evaluate (click on the 'v' symbol to the right of the highlighted prompt) and then on "Download" to retrieve it from this website and store it on your computer in the designated directory / folder. All my programs can happily reside in the same folder as there aren't any setup / install routines which scatter dozens of obscure files in odd places on your computer. No "administrator" settings are necessary nor are any activation codes / Emails / registration / licences required, as needed for other software. I guarantee that there are NO trojans, malware or viruses in any of my programs as they all come directly from me. As you do not actually install AAINFO or my software on your computer, there is nowhere or time for unwanted browsers, toolbars, advertisements, 'premium' versions on other programs etc. to get onto your hard disk - if you want an icon on the desktop, you have to add it yourself! Never download my programs from any other sites on the Internet - only via AAINFO.
After you have downloaded the specific program(s) you want ...
you can then click on the "Exit" button and follow the instructions to run that program but it is well worth studying the appropriate pages on this website beforehand. Please run AAINFO on your computer every few weeks or so as it then checks for any free updates for your chosen programs, which you can download in a couple of mouse clicks. I cannot do this for you as I do not know who has downloaded my programs - everything is completely anonymous if you choose never to contact me. However, my Email address is shown on the AAINFO screen as well as the top of my website pages, if you have any questions.
If, for any reason, you are unsure about this arrangement ...
then I can easily email the Delphi Pascal "source code" of AAINFO for your evaluation / verification or just email the executable files of any requested programs on this website, without using AAINFO if preferred. Likewise, if you require the "source code" of any of my free programs then I will consider your request via email. However, they did take over 2000 hours to develop, so I am just not going to give my intellectural property away for free, am I?
FREE program #2 of 15 : FREESHP
Calculation of hydraulically designed sprinkler (room design and area/density methods) and spray systems to the NFPA 13/15 and FM Global Rules in metric units. Node references are only required at tees / crosses (not at each end of all pipes) and you give the size, length, direction and slope of the pipes to the operating heads / nozzles so a 3D picture is produced as a DXF file. There is just one way and place to add, break, copy, delete, edit, move, locate or view pipes - no confusing options to learn or superfluous videos / manuals needed to find out what does what! You may have a background CAD drawing so can "draw" the pipes on the building / rooms / services plan rather than a blank screen. This program cannot be used in America as it is in metric units and NO A.H.J. will accept the results printout!
Click here for tutorial [24th January 2013 - about 9kb - just "Save" it to somewhere on your hard disk]. I have redone this as as .RTF file so users with HD screens can just reduce the width of FREESHP and have WORDPAD or similar running alongside, making it easier to step through the various options and see the program in operation.
Click here for further screen shots / details about FREESHP - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #3 of 15 : EASYSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include just 4 screens - "File options", "Project and Pipe Data", "Calculate and Show Results" and "Help" - very quick and easy to apply for your projects using simple data entry procedures and immediate calculations. Does not need to produce a drawing as most Reviewers still insist on seeing your sprinkler layout drawings so have to manually match them with the hydraulic calculations.
Click here for further screen shots / details about EASYSHP - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #4 of 15 : IPDS43
A standalone program for the calculation of the Qcap and Qmax values for the Installers Pump Data Sheet as the EN12845 and similar Sprinkler Rules in the same format as EASYSHP, so can also be used with HYD and older programs that do not include such an option. You just enter the flows, pressures and highest heads for the most remote / favourable design areas as well as the pump / tank details. These are typed in on simple "tabbed" data entry screens and you can view the resulting diagram on the same screen. If you hold your mouse button over one of the 8 data points, you can then slide it up or down and have the pump curve drawn out to suit with the revised Qcap / Qmax values.
Click here for further screen shots / details about IPDS43 - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #5 of 15 : VSHP
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to various International Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include an "all-in-one" user interface without needing to draw out the pipework scheme, a "grid wizard" option to automatically calculate the most remote / favourable design areas and show the Qcap/Qmax graph and easy to follow results presentation.
Click here for further screen shots / details about VSHP - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #6 of 15 : AACALC7
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler and spray systems to the European EN12845 / CEA Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a very comprehensive options list, producing a zoomable 3D "picture" of the pipework / heads with an aerial view on a building "background", multiple water supplies, unique range numbers (so a complete range can be copied with a single number) or pipe-by-pipe, range-by-range (using "node" numbers that you may be used to), fast calculations and easy to follow results presentation. LibreCAD (http://librecad.org) is Free Open Source Software for the creation / amendment of the DXF drawing files produced by AACALC7.
[19th August 2013] I have added a 100bar water mist example using the Darcy-Weisbach pressure drop equation as requested today - the program has always been able to do such systems but there are certain questions that do need appropriate replies for these to work properly. Use AAINFO to download the latest version for FREE.
Click here for further screen shots / details about AACALC7 - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #7 of 15 : AAVIEW7
A free viewing program for the various file types from my AACALC7 program including the CSV and XML options and 2D DXF CAD files as shown above.
Click here for further screen shots / details about AAVIEW7 - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #8 of 15 : 3RD
Full hydraulic calculation of residential / domestic sprinkler systems to BS9251 Rules (not NFPA 13D or 13R) in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple data entry method with different water supply options and rotatable 3D view with comprehensive results presentation all set up for the cheap "netbooks" with 1024x600 screens.
Click here for further screen shots / details about 3RD - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #9 of 15 : HYD
Full hydraulic calculation of sprinkler systems to BSEN12845 Rules in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple nodes + pipes data entry method on one screen, editable pipe types/fittings database provided now free for all it's previous users. See also the IPDS43 program 4 of 14 above for Qcap / Qmax graph.
Click here for further screen shots / details about HYD - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
FREE program #10 of 15 : CO2
High pressure Carbon Dioxide pipework / nozzles calculations program to the NFPA 12, BS5306 and ISO6183 standards in metric units. Innovative / unique features include a simple "spreadsheet" like data entry method on one screen, rotatable 3D "picture" and user editable pipe types/fittings database provided free for all it's previous users. A new option 'EXACT' in Q9 will determine the required nozzle sizes in mm to maintain the specified discharge time in minutes, rather than selecting the nearest size from the database.
Click here for further screen shots / details about CO2 - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first. However, I do NOT have any software for low pressure CO2, FM200, Inergen, Novec1230, Argonite, LPG Inert IG-55, Nitrogen IG-100, Argon IG-01, Proinert or any other fixed-fire fighting gaseous systems, as only their suppliers have the equations, tables, procedures etc.
FREE program #11 of 15 : AABACKUP
A useful "one-click" utility to copy all your data files from my various free programs to another folder on your computer, another PC on your network or NAS, USB drive or external hard disk and perhaps for further archiving to the "cloud" or CD / DVD for off-site retention. Very simple and quick to use but I could do a YouTube video if needed!
FREE program #12 of 15 : SHP4FPC
I have provided full details of a new full hydraulics calculations program using the FREE PASCAL COMPILER at www.freepascal.org - see the SHP4FPC page. This is the ONLY place on the Internet offering the complete source code listing entirely for FREE to enable you to produce your OWN hydraulics program if you already know (or wish to learn) the Pascal computer language, or if you prefer Basic ...
FREE program #13 of 15 : SHP4MVB
I have retyped in the PASCAL version of SHP4FPC in BASIC for Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express and called it SHP4MVB - details are on the SHP4FPC page. This is a 900 line listing and the form layout files of a complete WINDOWS program, operating just like those you are already used to for you to modify / extend as required.
FREE program #14 of 15 : AACALC8
AACALC8 is a very simple, but useful FREE Windows application that runs on 10" Netbooks, all laptops and the monitor on your desk and is in 4 sections :-
FREE program #15 of 15 : AACALC9
AACALC9 is simple "point and click" drawing program for first-time users to the NFPA 13 / 15 Rules and is fully described on a new webpage dating from February 2014.
Click here for further screen shots / details about AACALC9 - you need to download AAINFO.EXE first.
Nobody can compete with free ...
The UK's leading developer of hydraulics+CAD software for sprinkler designers and installers since 1985 offers all these programs entirely for FREE. All have been written / updated by me since 2009, cost absolutely nothing (now or in future), run without any setup or install routines in Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 or the older XP / VISTA versions, don't need any registration / activation and can be copied to as many computers / staff / branch offices etc. as you choose.
My innovative, comprehensive and easy-to-use programs are complete and ready-to-run on your "Windows" laptop / desktop computers - they are not "trials" or limited function "demos", and come with extensive "Help" screens and many examples for you to experiment with, if not familiar with these types of calculations. My Email address is at the top of the page for full technical support 365 days/year - NO charges, fees, donations etc. All are in ENGLISH ONLY but no French, German, Portuguese, Spanish or any other language versions will ever be produced.
Please download AAINFO.EXE first - see program #1 of 15 above for more details - this allows you to anonymously and quickly download / run all my other cost-effective programs. This is just to thwart the innumerable DOWNLOAD sites from "modifying" the programs you actually download from them!
You may never have to buy hydraulics software again ...
Why pay hundreds / thousands of dollars / euros for 10-15 year old hydraulic calculation programs from just a handfull of other suppliers (mostly in America who prefer to deal with companies in that country) that you may actually only need a few times a year for your jobs? They invariably lock you in to continually paying even more for "upgrades" (perhaps just changing an expiry date from 2013 to 2014) so if you don't pay, the program stops working along with your project data files. There are NO end dates in any of my FREE programs. Some of these update fees are 1% or even 2% A MONTH of the purchase prices, so if you retain the program for 5 years (to run previous projects), you will pay as much again for the program and if you keep it for 10 years, then you will have bought that program 3 TIMES! just on the offchance that you get further hydraulically calculated projects. There are several specialist sub-contract designers that are well conversant with my programs that will design and calculate such jobs without you having to buy expensive software from other companies nor get too involved with my FREE ones, if you consider them too complicated.
Also remember, that once you have bought a program, it does not have any value! You cannot sell it, use it in another company / location (because of activation) or even give it away because it belongs to the software provider - you just pay for a licence. Several firms have withdrawn programs or abandoned their websites during 2012 and 2013 - see the dates in any "copyright" lines or screen-shots. How many show their program(s) running under Windows 8, let alone 8.1? None, that I can find!
Before you decide to BUY a hydraulics program, please spend a few hours evaluating my equivalents first - if you don't like one; just try another - at least I offer alternatives - others just do 1 on a "take-it-or-leave-it" basis. If you then find that NONE of my free programs are suitable for you or your projects, then you may not be able to use any of the "paid-for" ones either. So, at the very least, by trying my programs first, I could have saved you from a very expensive purchasing mistake! Don't forget, there are less alternative software providers on the Internet than there are programs on this website. It is all up to you, of course.
If I have not covered the specific details you were looking for or if you have any questions, suggestions or comments, then my Email address is at the very top of this page ...
- Please include the program name in the "Subject" line
- Remember I am based in the United Kingdom and only use "English"
- It always helps to know in which country you are based
- Kindly review the complete but concise "Help" in the actual program first
- Do NOT include any attachments or links unless I ask for more information
- I always try to provide a prompt reply 365 days a year, including weekends
- If you require the source code of SHP4FPC or SHP4MVB, just ask in an Email but you will need the matching Free Pascal Compiler / Visual Basic 2010 Express
- I will NEVER send you any unsolicited Emails nor pass on your details to anybody
- If you want any additional sprinkler rules in EASYSHP / AACALC7, then please Email me so I can tell you what extra data I need
- Are you a sprinkler designer / installer and have some bright ideas for CAD / hydraulics / calculations / costing etc? I will do the programming based on your technical specification and add it to this website, all for free of course
However, I am unable to help with ...
- The actual design of your sprinkler project
- Commenting on the specific pipe layout you have chosen
- Advising on the pipe sizes, control valve positions or pump duty etc.
- Suggesting alternatives to the answers the various programs provide eg. if they say you need 4000 L/min at 4 bars and you only have 3000 L/min at 3 bars!
- Providing a quotation or "best prices" for my programs - they are all FREE!
- Please stop asking for foreign language versions of my programs - I just do not have the resources to ever do this!
- Requests for imperial unit versions of my programs as they are "metric" only
- Providing free copies of the various sprinkler rules
- I am not on (and will never join) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Skype, Google+, LinkedIn, About.Me or any other website / network
- I never click on "links" to other services / websites or invitations to LinkedIn
To summarise all of the above ...
- 1) AAINFO - You need to download this program first
- 2) FREESHP - Hydraulic calculations to NFPA 13 / 15 sprinkler Rules
- 3) EASYSHP - Hydraulic calculations to EN12845 and similar Rules
- 4) IPDS43 - Qcap/Qmax graph for pump / tank sizing
- 5) VSHP - Very Simple Hydraulics Program to EN12845 and similar Rules
- 6) AACALC7 - very comprehensive hydraulics analysis of sprinkler/spray systems
- 7) AAVIEW7 - extension to AACALC7 to view drawings / tables etc
- 8) 3RD - Free Residential / Domestic program for BS9251
- 9) HYD - An older program, still being updated for my previous users
- 10) CO2 - High pressure carbon dioxide fire extinguishing systems
- 11) AABACKUP - To copy all data files etc to "cloud" or external devices
- 12) SHP4FPC - Pascal source code listing of my latest program
- 13) SHP4MVB - Basic source code listing of the above program
- 14) AACALC8 - 3 useful calculation utilities
- 15) AACALC9 - Simple "point and click" drawing prgram for NFPA Rules
- I do NOT have any more programs other than those listed on this site
My FREE programs are all ...
- FULL versions - not trials or demonstrations
- FREE to download from this site - just choose AAINFO first
- FREE to use on your projects - no charges of any kind to me nor anybody else
- FREE to copy between computers, people and offices in the UK and overseas
- HUNDREDS of users have done many, many hundreds of jobs since 2009
- FREE updates - the latest versions will be shown on this website
- FREE upgrades - as provided by me or suggested by users
- FREE technical support by Email from the program originator (me!)
- NO registration - you only enter your company name for the printouts
- NO Email addresses required nor any personal details
- NO requirement that you ever have to contact me for any reason
- I therefore do NOT have any information to "share" with anybody else
- NO activation required - so no monitoring of who has the programs
- NO unlock codes to request or will ever be required
- NO licence agreements - there is nothing to pay so nothing to agree to or sign
- NO "nag" screens offering paid-for upgrades or alternatives
- NO restrictions or limitations as to your use - you can give them away if you want
- NO time limits or expiry dates in your data or my software
- ALL versions of Windows in last 14 years except W8RT
- IPDS43, AACALC8, SHP4FPC and SHP4MVB were all produced in 2012
- If you don't like one program, just choose another via AAINFO
- METRIC units and ENGLISH language only - no other alternatives are offered
- NO subscriptions or any other fees of any kind now or in the future
- NO donations or credit/debit card details ever requested
- NO invoices, direct debits, cheques or other payment details required
- EACH program contains a set of pipe types / fittings data that only I can change
- JUST Email me your changes/additions and I will update these databases
- PRINTOUTS can be on paper or to PDF files (with doPDF printer driver or similar)
- As REVIEWERS can download the same programs, you can just Email your data
- Just ONE .exe file for each program - no unzipping / setup / install routines
- ALL checked AS SAFE - NO viruses, malware or trojans of any kind
- ALL programs contain in-built HELP and many demonstration examples
- NO superfluous software included such as toolbars / trials of more programs etc.
- There are NO known photographs of me anywhere on the Internet
- I do not own or operate any other websites than the one you are looking at
This website has ...
- NO cookies of any kind stored on your computer
- NO tracking of users or search terms used
- NO "analytics" or any external "redirects"
- NO other links or "urls" to click on
- NO "restricted" areas or logins / passwords
- NO invitations, surveys, questionnaires or special offers
- NO security or privacy issues of any kind or restrictions on browsers
- NO other websites are authorised to host my programs so do NOT download them from anywhere else
- If you do not believe me, then just "right-click" on this text, select "View Source" (or similar - depends on browser) and look through it yourself
Windows 8 ...
I have now checked that ALL of my FREE programs work exactly as designed under the 32 and 64 bit versions of the latest Windows 8 operating system. Whilst downloading the AAINFO program (through the IE 9.0 or 10.0 browser), you must choose 'Save', 'Run' then 'More Info' and 'Run Anyway' at the security screens that pop up. AAINFO then operates fine and allows all the rest of my programs to be quickly downloaded (without further interruption) which then run correctly as shown below. Now that the code-signing certificate providers (like VeriSign, Global Sign and Thawte) no longer deal with private individuals (like me) then I cannot DIGITALLY SIGN my software so Windows prompts you accordingly. As I produce all my programs using Delphi Pascal, then I do not have to change a single line of code, nor do you need to download anything else, for my programs to run under Windows 8 (remember no setup / install options either and there are no incompatibility issues of course). All are in ENGLISH ONLY and no French, German, Portuguese, Spanish or any other language versions will ever be produced.
The following screen-shot shows my IPDS43 program overlaid on EASYSHP so you can therefore be confident that any projects you run now will work if/when you upgrade. However Microsoft has now made everything with a "flat" look, presumably so it will run on little tablets so it is not as impressive as Windows 7 was or even the previous Windows 8 Developer Preview and Consumer Preview versions :-
As you don't actually install my programs they do not appear as "tiles" on the W8 screen (intended for touch-screen tablets / smartphones) but I think it is easier to 'right-click' on the program file and select "Pin to taskbar" when running on the familiar desktop as shown above. All the rest of the programs listed on this website work within the classic DESKTOP, both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 8 and 8.1 but not 'RT' for ARM-based tablets.
No doubt, other suppliers will be keen to demonstrate how their "paid-for" software operates under Windows 8 and will soon add some screen-shots to their websites, as I have done above. However, as at January 2014, none have actually done so!
Views through different Windows ...
So that you can see that my programs work on the various types of "Windows" without the need for different versions nor separate install / setup routines, I set out below how the main page of FREESHP looks at 1280x1024 resolution under
Windows 2000 ...
Windows XP ...
Windows VISTA ...
Windows 7 ...
Windows 8 and 8.1 ...
Remember NO CHARGE for copying, updates, upgrades, registration, support etc for ANY of my programs described here. How much would other hydraulics programs have cost you so far? How much will you have to pay your software supplier in future? Finally, remember the axiom ...
NOBODY CAN COMPETE WITH FREE
I monitor all the English-language websites of other hydraulics software suppliers and very few appear to have been modified after 2010. If you look at the bottom of their "Home" pages you will see the last update - perhaps they have given up trying to offer programs now that I have taken away most of their users. If you currently use another provider, then try sending them an Email asking them about my website and see if they bother to respond.